Complex Case Management Program
Physicians Plus provides a Complex Case Management program at no cost for eligible members. Participating in our Complex Case Management program is voluntary. For more information call (800) 545-5015 or (608) 282-8900.
What is Complex Case Management?
Complex case managers coordinate services for members with multiple or complicated conditions. We help them access needed resources and make sure they receive essential health care services and support.
Who Might Benefit?
Registered Nurse complex case managers help Physicians Plus members who have:
- High risk medical conditions such as diabetes, heart and vascular disease, organ transplant, congenital heart defects
- More than one serious health problem
- Many hospital visits or ER visits
- Other complex medical needs such as unstable chronic conditions, major procedures, critical event or diagnosis
How Does Complex Case Management Work?
The complex case manager will work with members to develop a customized plan to:
- Support and reinforce treatment interventions recommended by their health care providers
- Coordinate services
- Facilitate access to community resources
- Help understand health plan benefits
- Help improve health outcomes